This Mill Pond was formed in 1876 when Christopher Clark built a dam across the Middle Branch River to power a saw ,planing and lathe mill. Clark was drawn to the area by old-growth stands of pine and hardwood. His business transformed the wilderness settlement into a prosperous community for more than thirty years.
Clarks mill produced siding, shingles, floor moldings and barrels. Fire destroyed the mill in 1909 as the lumbering era was coming to a close. In 1911 Marion Clark donated the land surrounding the dam to the village as a park. The property has long served as a recreation center and wildlife habitat. The dam was replaced in 1930.